ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
URKUND offers a fully-automated system for handling plagiarism. Plagiarism refers to the copying of someone else's material and using it as if it were one's own work, without citing a quotation or stating a source.
URKUND works will European languages, also cyrillic characters. Arabic works too but the layout is left to right.
HOW IT WORKS
STUDENTS - Students send their documents via e-mail, web upload or LMS to their teachers/professors. With the e-mail option, no software needs to be installed.
URKUND - When the documents arrive at URKUND, they are analysed against the content of three source areas: content published on the internet, publisher's content, and student material. When the analyses are finished, the documents and generated reports are forwarded to the teachers.
TEACHERS - The result of the analyses and the student documents are forwarded to the teacher's e-mail address of choice, straight into an LMS or the URKUND web-based inbox. The analysis overview contains the necessary information for the teacher to determine if plagiarism has occurred.
URKUND can search material of any subject.
- Easy to use: URKUND does not require any software installation, use of complex interfaces or login to a website; neither for the student nor the teacher. This means that the service is very easy to use and introduce into an organization.
- Less work involved: URKUND's e-mail-based system automatically checks all submitted documents with no extra effort required on the part of the teacher.
- Discovery: URKUND screens all submitted documents at every instance of submission. This maximizes the discovery rate.
- Preventing plagiarism: URKUND has a very strong preventative effect. Implementing a system like URKUND sends a clear signal that plagiarism is unacceptable and that the resources to address the problem are in place.
- URKUND matches submitted text against material from three source areas:
- The internet
- Previously submitted student texts (over 23 million)
- Publisher's content: URKUND has formed strategic partnerships with a number of leading information providers
- URKUND demonstration video
- Take a look at a sample report
- URKUND analysis quick reference sheet
- URKUND quick start guide
- URKUND support
- Slides of the URKUND training webinar (27th April 2017) PDF and Powerpoint
- Watch the recording of the URKUND webinar held on 27th April 2017
- Testimonials from Copenhagen Business School and University of Canberra